Monday, September 05, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Means Spokane Pig's Out At The Park.

Labor Day weekend is coming to a close and for many, this means the end of summer. As for me, I don't count summer as over until the weather cools off and the leaves start to change colour. The forecast for this week is 90+ (F) temps and to me, that means summer is hanging around for a while. I do admit that the cooler nights are definitely feeling a bit Fall-like though.

I didn't have a Labor Day weekend full of activity but I did get out on Saturday to Spokane's Pig Out At the Park. I met up with some friends and we ate food, listened to music, enjoyed the warm weather (I got a bit sun burnt but do not mind.), and people watched since the event was very crowded. It was a really fun day and I hope that the colder weather doesn't stop the fun of meeting up with people to enjoy days like this.


Above: The crowds were dense. That goofy dressed person was making balloon animals. He was getting mobbed by people at the event.


Above: Spokane Valley electronica music artist James Elvidge performing for the crowd on one of the 3 stages. I quite liked his music and he is worth checking out.


Above: The Riverfront Park Clock Tower with the stage in front of it. Taken from our seats in the beer garden of Pig Out.

Above: The ever stylish Maria.


Above: Night falls and Carbon Leaf takes the stage.


Above: Carbon Leaf onstage. They were quite good when not overdoing the instrument solos.

Now, Labor Day weekend draws to a close. I am a bit saddened by this because it is seen as the end of summer and summer is my favorite season.

I hope that everyone has had a great Labor Day weekend and has many plans for the Fall.

No comments: