Sunday, May 08, 2011

Getting ready for warm weather.

It seems Spokane is still a ways off from really warm weather since we haven't reached temperatures above 60 (F) yet this year. We are still getting fresh snow in the mountains this late in spring. It is keeping those leaves on the trees hiding and the grass as only just turned green again. It is not usual for spring around here but not unheard of either.

Still, I like to think positive and look forward instead of complaining too much about the cold, rainy weather we have been having. Heck, all the rain will really make things burst out in greens and colourful flowers the first really warm days we get. It is slowly starting to head in that direction so, *fingers crossed*, I am hopeful we will start warming up in the next week like the newscasters keep telling us we will.

I am applying the positive thinking to my wardrobe for summer. I have started rotating my shoes from winter to spring/summer and thinking out outfits to wear as the days slowly get warmer. I am even starting to get a few items to add to my wardrobe.

My mum gifted me with two mark from Avon fashion items this past week. Yes, my mum is an Avon lady and she has started to actually make a small profit off selling Avon to her exercise class and others who go to the gym she frequents. Go mum!

The first mark item she gifted me with is:

Above: It's A Long Story Dress by mark

I am really looking forward to wearing it because I love the pattern and the material is perfect for hot days. It has a detachable halter strap so you can wear the dress strapless or with a little extra "staying up" power. It is long enough for me which is rare since I am 5'9" in bare feet and love wearing heels.

I have a feeling I am going to get a lot of wear out of this when the temperatures are very hot and humid this summer and it is definitely packable so I may take it to San Diego with me when I head there for Comic Con in July.

The second mark item she gifted me with?

Above: Stacked Up Sandals by mark

I had seen these sandals in the mark brochure and knew they had to me mine. They are perfect for summer and appeal to the shoe girl inside me. They also fit me perfectly!

I cannot wait to start walking around outside in these sandals because they seem to be very comfortable for walking in due to the wedge heel and look good with jeans, shorts, skirts, or dresses. I think I am going to be getting a lot of wear out of them.

Now, if the weather would just hurry up and get a bit warmer...I could start wearing the gifts.

*side-eyes the thermometer*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great gifts! I love the shoes :)
xx

http://charlesbgoode.blogspot.com

SnapandPrint said...

The shoes are great! I cannot wait to start wearing them.

WendyB said...

Those are great wedges! I want 'em! :-)

h said...

This post really makes me wish it were spring: http://erineverafter.blogspot.com/2011/03/sprung.html

Flowy tops, colorful wedges. Spring is here, but not the spring weather, not yet.

SnapandPrint said...

Wendy, I wore the shoes yesterday and they are so so comfortable! First tiem wearing them and not a blister of rub mark anywhere!

Iris, it just got warm enough here to wear sandals without socks but we are a ways off from very warm temps. I am hopeful that it will really warm up soon. :)