Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Say what?

Consider me baffled. Why you may ask? Well, I am not sure why this dress:

Above: White cape dress by Stolen Girlfriends Club

Would be sold out on the site it is on. It is $394 to begin with and that is a bit hefty a price tag for a dress that looks like a reject form a superheroes themed show.

The breast area on the dress isn't even attractive or enhancing "the girls" in any way, shape, or form. The half and half colour scheme of the breast area just makes the breasts look...ill-formed.

The styling of the outfit at the site is laughable as well. With a 80's aerobics headband and clunky, black, thigh high, suede, boots...really??? It makes the dress appear even more tacky. Maybe tacky is in and I missed the memo?

I am all for fun dressing ideas and pushing the envelope in fashion but there is just some aspects of fashion that will always baffle me. I think this dress will reside in that category because I am not seeing the appeal.

I am just not understanding what is so special about it that it is so spendy and sold out.

Someone enlighten me, please?

No comments: