Friday, January 28, 2011

Fun Boots For Rainy Weather.

I always think about wearing boots when it rains. The idea of wet feet does not appeal to me and this time of year, there is always the chance of snow or slushy rain due to the temperature rapidly fluctuating. It is better to be safe than sorry and walking around with cold, damp, feet.

Since the fashion season is changing, there are many great, boots to choose from that looks very cool when sported with tights, knee-high socks, and skirts. I have found two pairs that just thrill me and call to my shoe-girl soul.


Above: Tsunamii Black Rubber Rain Boots by Steve Madden

The matte finish and the red, back, zipper just really make these rubber rain boots stand out form the pack. I also love the buckle at the ankle which lends a bit of a military look to them. If I were to purchase rubber rain boots (which I never have) these would be the ones.

Above: Raggae 01 Black Buckled Motorcycle Mid Calf Boots by Qupid

The Raggae boot are definitely a motorcycle boot in style. I am loving the three buckles on them which can be adjusted to fit the legs. Something I always look for since I have thinner legs that swim in most non-adjustable boots. It also means you can wear chunky socks like the model is wearing in this photo. You just adjust the boot buckles to allow for the extra sock bulk.

The Raggae boots are also available in brown:

Above: Raggae 01 Brown Buckled Motorcycle Mid Calf Boots by Qupid

I am just a fan of the black version because they seem "tougher" and more classic in looks.

Both versions have the "wrap around straps" which I love.

Above: Back view with straps wrapping around.

I am so looking forward to spring...and wearing cool boots like these instead of snow boots. Come on warmer temperatures, make an appearance!

2 comments:

WendyB said...

I have boots (with heels) with wrap-around straps -- I've always loved that detail too.

Anonymous said...

so cute! I really like the steve madden ones :)

xx