Thursday, December 02, 2010

Snowed in and moisturizing.

I have felt really housebound the last 2 weeks due to the huge amounts of snow we received and the fact that the snowplows failed to plow us out until this week. This means I am lounging around in pajamas and not bothering to get dressed to go anywhere. I am lazy, I admit it, but when I have no way to get out of suburbia and head anywhere, I just don't see the point of getting dressed.

Above: After the second snow storm hit, before the snowplow.

I have been thinking about what my wardrobe needs and been cruising the Internet to see if I can find inexpensive basics the past few days. I have gotten a few cardigans and a sweater from Forever 21...as well as a skirt and many pairs of socks. All are basics and all did not hurt my bank account. I just cannot afford huge expenses these days and needed more than one thing so the whole "Buy one thing for quality" wasn't going to fly when I needed many socks, a few cardigans, a sweater, and a skirt to extend my winter wardrobe.

Now, I am eyeing tops on various sites because I own an abundance of v-neck t-shirts but not real "tops or not v-neck t-shirt". I am also in search of the perfect black pencil skirt as well.

I made my way through the snow to Walgreens last week (to get out of the house) and bought this face moisturizer:

Above: Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Creme

I have problems with the extremely dry air here in eastern Washington, dry air that is around even during the snows of winter. I am tired of thick moisturizers that clog my pours and cause breakouts. So, I decided to give this one a try.


I find it actually very light and refreshing to use. It was very surprising that it just seemed to sink right into my skin and make it a lot softer than it was. My face did not break out, nor did the pores get clogged.

I still have a pesky dry patch (T-zone area that is all shiny) which is slow in disappearing but the more I use this moisturizer, the smaller the patch becomes. So, I call this a hit and will be using it. The best part is it is under $10 at $7.99 before tax.

Time to wander the Internet a bit and see what is new out in Internet shopping land.

No comments: