Friday, November 05, 2010

Forever 21 Package Arrived! Socks! Socks! Socks!

After becoming fed up with not finding knee and over the knee socks in colours I wanted at local stores, I decided to buy some from Forever 21. I decided to shop online because the nearest Forever 21 is 30 to 45 minutes away (depending on traffic) by car. I figured the small shipping/handling fee was worth it to avoid daygo, 80s re-treat, hell when it came to socks that the stores nearby have as offerings. That is the only style I am finding in stores here that is not very expensive. I just cannot see paying $15 or $25 for a pair of socks that may not last very long. I also have enough patterned, bright coloured, socks and wanted some basics in basic colours. Forever 21 had them...and very inexpensive.

Today, the package arrived! Just in time for the beginnings of layering involving tights due to the weather really starting to get chilly.


The socks! One pair black, one pair olive, one pair light grey, one pair brown, and a pair of grey sunglasses I got on sale of $3.50 at Forever 21.

I cannot wait to wear the socks and the sunglasses. They go with everything in my wardrobe. I also placed an order for this cardigan today:

Above: Striped Yoke Sweater by Forever 21
Which will fit nicely into my wardrobe and is not like anything I could find locally.

And this skirt:

Above: Simple Knee Length Skirt by Forever 21

I bought the skirt because I need more skirts. I only have 5 in my wardrobe and 2 are very lightweight for summer weather.The colour on this skirt will go well with all I own.

I am having to buy basics online because locally, all the true basics are extremely expensive ($45 and above) and the inexpensive stuff is all trendy, one season, stuff that I cannot see myself wearing for more than one year. Forever 21 is one of those stores that is great for finding inexpensive basics for the wardrobe without breaking the bank account which is important for me right now.

Now, to find a skirt like this:

Above: Woven Professional Skirt by Forever 21

I have been looking for a black skirt in that style for ages. Time to fill the hole in my wardrobe with either this skirt or one like it.

No comments: