Monday, April 26, 2010

M.I.A. Due To Photoshoots.

Taking a slight break from blogging as I work on photoshoots. I am busy with editing photos and when not staring at the computer while doing this, I just don't feel like being in front of a computer screen.

Last photoshoot preview:




I have another photoshoot this Friday and two more in the works that may, or may not, come through. I am glad to be busy and to be getting images to update my portfolio.

When not editing photos I am reading books. I am on one of those "read lots of books to relax" kicks and am enjoying it. I discovered a great new series that is in the same vein (excuse the pun) as the Sookie Stackhouse series.

I discovered the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs when in Borders the other day. I had heard about it through a website and was fascinated because it is set in eastern Washington state in Tri-Cities and, well, I am living in eastern Washington right now. It was amusing to read a book that mentioned places I have actually been to.
Above: First book in Mercy Thompson series Moon Called.

The story is about a skin walker named Mercy Thompson who is part Native American and can shift into the form of a coyote. She was raised among werewolves and gets caught up in the problems within the Columbia Basin Were Pack. It is a really fun read with action, supernatural characters, and a really fun sense of humor woven within the writing style.  I totally recommend it and I will be searching out the rest of the series.

So, I have been going back and forth between busy and trying to relax the last few days, as well as gearing up for my next photoshoot on Friday. I am hoping once I am done with the wave of photoshoots, I can get back to my passion for fashion.

1 comment:

WendyB said...

Glad you're busy. Protect those prices :-)