Tuesday, March 02, 2010

So Many Shoes, What's A Girl To Do?

I am on a quest for the perfect pair of shoes to replace my black clogs that are beat-up beyond belief. I had bought the clogs way back in 2005 and they are now so beat up that I need to replace them. Heck, most my cool shoes are starting to look worn so I need to replace them.

The problem, so many shoes are catching my eye at the moment which makes it hard for this shoe girl to decide.

Should I go the clog route and buy a style like this:

Above: GS1 Clog Wedge in Black by Jeffrey Campbell

They are really cool looking and I love the clog style. They would replace my clogs nicely and would be more stable than the ones I own since mine are heeled and these are wedge.

Or should I go peep-toe boots in grey:

Above: Mainst Peeptoe Booties in Grey by Steve Madden

I love the snake-skin embellishment in the heels and the buckles. The grey colour has a touch of purple to the shade that makes the booties darker which I like. They are heeled and may not fit right at the ankles (I am not into gappy shoes that make legs look spindly) so, that makes me go..hmmm.

Or I can go all mirrored mules:

Above: Black Xmas Mule with Platform by Jeffrey Campbell

The mirrored insert to these mules is gorgeous and the style modern. I am loving them though they may rock forward when I walk because of the shape of the wedge heel.

Or I can go with the nude colour that is so popular now:

Above: Georgie High Heel Booties in Nude by Modern Vintage Shoes

I love the style of these booties, minus the back zipper. I am not sure why designers are making shoes that would be great with a buckle closure zip up because zippers break. The colour is very "now" but, will I still like them next year? That is the question.

I suppose I will hold off on deciding until after I come back form my trip to Seattle this coming weekend. I may see some shoes that catch my eye there instead of ordering shoes online. We shall see what I find there and if I still need to decide on new shoes when I return home from my trip. There are just so many great shoe choices out there right now, it makes it hard to decide.

4 comments:

WendyB said...

The mirrored shoes are the most striking.

Mark Lim said...

I actually love the Georgie High Heel Booties. I think they're the classiest out of the 3 and probably the most expensive. Hope you find what you're looking for, Brie :)

~Mark

SnapandPrint said...

Wendy, I am thinking the mirrored effect is just a bit too flashy for everyday wear since I want something, well, somewhat practical.

Mark, I am avoiding the ones you mentioned due to price and colour. They are just a style I have in mind if I can find a cheaper version.

Ash said...

I love the peep toed shoes!