Friday, January 08, 2010

The Last Unicorn.

I am usually not a girlie girl in liking the colour pink, Hello Kitty, or cutesy cartoon character fashion items. Heck, even just a month ago if you would have told me I would like a necklace with a unicorn on it, I would have scoffed at the notion.

That was then, this is now. I found this necklace at Modcloth:




Above: Charlene The Unicorn Necklace at Modcloth

Yes, you are seeing a unicorn necklace and, yes, I am admitting to loving it.

It has a certain ancient look to the style of the unicorn and reminds me of my Viking necklace that I wear quite often. It has that old world feel to it that I love when it comes to such imagery in accessories, especially jewelry.

And the unicorn is raised in relief:



Which really makes me like it all the more. So much so, that I ordered it since it is only $12.99, so won't put a huge dent in my bank account. I will just count it as an early birthday present to myself since my birthday is later this month.

I suppose I should never say never when it comes to usually cutesy imagery. I just may find piece of jewelry (or clothing) I like with imagery that I usually spurn.

No comments: