Friday, July 04, 2008

A Touch Of The 1920s And 1930s.

I am noticing a new trend when it comes to Fall clothing.

It seems the designers are being inspired by movies of the 1920s and 1930s when it comes to clothes items in their collections for Fall.

You want examples you say?

Let's start with shoes since I have the pages open for them. Any of these shoes could easily be imagined onto the feet of a 1920's or 30s actress.

Above: Nina high heel shoe by Pink Studio.

Above: Arco iris by Marcello Toshi.


Above: Fado sandal from Chie Mihara.

Above: Nine West Croc Double Strap Platform Shoes

The last pair I could really see being worn in a 1930's musical!

There are just so many shoes inspired by that time period this fall...as well as clothing.



Above: Coat with Fox Fur Collar by Chirstian Dior.



Above: Puff Sleeve Top by Issa.

The above top I can see on an 1920s actress with a long, straight skirt, black tights, and a pair of the shoes I posted in this blog...and maybe a cloche hat.

Above: Eden Dress by With Hearts In My Eyes.

I see fringe! The above dress is like a shorter flapper style dress!



Above: jade georgette ruffle front blouse by Madison Marcus

So pretty and ruffled.


Above: One shoulder asymmetric dress by Maison Martin Margiela

The above dress just drips with "silent screen siren" appeal.

There are many more as you may have noticed in recent blogs I have made and online.

I am liking this trend since I love old movies.

No comments: