Friday, June 20, 2008

Music Post: Like It's 1994....

I was in a major retro music mood today...and indulged it beyond blur. It made me day seem brighter so all was well in my world.

I thougth I would share the songs that made my day fun:


The Happy Mondays: "Step On"


This song always makes me dance around like a fool...or like dancing band member, Baz. You will see him in the video...dancing like a bird who cannot quite get off the ground.

The Stone Roses: "Fool's Gold"


I have always loved The Stone Roses. Great retro sound to their music yet it was modern as well.

Elastica: "Stutter"


I wanted hair like Justine's (the lead singer) and got it 5 years ago. I have since changed my hairstyle but still love the look...and this song.

Pulp: "Common People"


This song just rocks. William Shatner (Yes, that William Shatner.) did a verison of this song that is also good but nothing beats the original.

Suede: "She's In Fashion"


A bit later in release but just as good and always makes me think back to 90s.

The Verve: "Bitter Sweet Symphony"


I could easliy name this my favorite song of all time. And a fitting way to end this blog.

Fashion is music and music is fashion.

No comments: